23rd December 2021:
The Queensland Government has announced that from 5am Thursday 23rd December, masks will also be mandatory for hospitality venue staff such as pubs, clubs, taverns, bars, restaurants, cafes and fast food outlets.
For our centre Tenant Customers and Shoppers:
All team members and shoppers must wear a mask whilst in-centre at all times. There are some exemptions to mask wearing including:
- Children under 12 years
- A person eating, drinking or taking medicine
- A person with a particular medical condition or disability
The Queensland Government has announced from today, 17th December, there will be no capacity restrictions on businesses that are only permitted to allow fully vaccinated people to attend or work including:
- hospitality venues such as pubs, clubs, taverns, bars, restaurants, cafes and fast food outlets
Any staff working or shoppers attending hospitality venues, must give their contact information, proof of COVID-19 vaccination or evidence of medical contraindication by using the Check In Qld app or another measure of record keeping before entering their place of work.
A staff member or shopper is not required to give their contact information, proof of vaccination or evidence of medical contraindication if they are:
- under the age of 16 years
- entering to provide emergency services
- in primary or secondary school and is part of a group attending an activity organised by a school, sporting team or community group
- exercising law enforcement
- at risk of safety
Both fully vaccinated and unvaccinated people will be able to access essential services and activities.
- This means unvaccinated people will still be able to go to grocery stores, pharmacies, post offices, news agents and clothing stores, and participate in activities like going to the gym for exercise.
- Capacity restrictions may still be in place at these types of businesses
Fully vaccinated means a person has had the required two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine by 16 December 2021. It does not include a booster shot or a two-week wait after the second dose.
If you are already required to be vaccinated by an earlier date under another public health direction or the Health Employment Directive, you must be vaccinated by the earlier date.
As a reminder, whilst in-centre please remember:
- Check-in on entry to centre and individual stores
- Maintain 1.5 metres between yourself and others at all times
- Adhere to hygiene guidelines
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home and ensure you get tested if you have symptoms
Please reference the Queensland Government Restrictions update page for the latest information on restrictions and COVID-19. Please reach out if you have any queries.
Thank you for your ongoing understanding and support.